I have been writing a song this week called Coffee. The title of the song changed today. The title for the last week was Pour it out. This is part of my editing process. I have been working consistently on this song since my day off on Wednesday. Today is Saturday.
I will sit in my studio and play the song over and over and over. Singing it in differently, changing lyrics, changing them back to the original, and changing them again. It is a time consuming process. I do things a little different now than I used to.
I used to try to find the rhyme. In the past I would try to match the last word of my lyric with the next rhyming word. Maybe I am rhyming Bruce and Goose. (For Thanksgiving dinner my wife made goose, The only person who was unhappy was her brother Bruce.) The problem with this is who cares if Bruce is unhappy, that is not what the story is about. And also my wife's brother's name is Bobby.
Now I would try to convey the message of the song instead of rhyming it. (For Thanksgiving dinner my wife made goose, that morning I remember I forgot to buy cool whip for the pumpkin pie at the store.) I rhymed goose and to. Not a perfect rhyme but I think it works fine in a verse.
I like the editing process. The only problem is that it is time consuming. The best part is when you get it right. You know when you have mastered the puzzle. It rhymes or near rhymes and it conveys the message of the song. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
I will post this song after I get it recorded and demoed. Have a great day and a great Thanksgiving with Bruce eating goose.